Maine Junior Olympic Softball Information
All Tournaments will be held on the weekend of July 6th-8th, 2018
10U - Augusta
12A, 12B, 14A, 14B, 18U - Waterville
16A, 16B - Brewer/ Bangor
I am the coach of the U14 Cole Harbour Comets team from Nova Scotia, Canada. We have been travelling down to Brownie's events for about 4 years now so I have likely played against a bunch of you. Well, I am wondering if I could interest one or two of your teams to come up to Nova Scotia Summer of 2018. I am looking to run a high level tournament August 17-19, which is the weekend before our Eastern Canadian Championships. For all of you, that is typically nearing the end of your season, but maybe a great way to cap off your season would be to take a road trip to Canada, Eh!
Diamond Warriors - Facebook
Lady Mavericks - Flyer
Maine Pride - Flyer
Maine Revere - Flyer
Maine Thunder - Website
Mainiacs 10U & 12U - March TBA
Mainiacs 14U - August 17th, 5:30 - 7:00pm & 20th 10:00 - 11:30am. Candidates should attend both days. Beaudoin Park on Piggery Rd in Augusta (CARA complex) firstname.lastname@example.org
Mainiacs 16U - August 17th, 7:00 - 8:30pm & 20th 11:30am - 1:00pm. Candidates should attend both days. Beaudoin Park on Piggery Rd in Augusta (CARA complex) email@example.com
Slugger's Softball - Flyer
Southern Maine Flame - Website
Southern Maine Frenzy - Flyer
Team Attack - Tryouts for TEAM Attack 10u, 12u and 14u will be September 10th at Couture Field (200 Water Street) in Waterville. 10u and 12u will be at 2pm and 14u will be at 4pm. Any questions can be directed to the TEAM Attack softballs Facebook page or contacting Craig directly at (207) 458-9002
- Capital Maniacs 4-0
- Team Attack Orange 2-2
- N/E Legacy 3-2
- So Me River Rats 2-3
- Maine Pride 1-2
Team Attack Gray 1-2
- Sluggers 0-3
- Southern Maine Flame Diamond Challenge - June 9th-11th - 10U, 12U, 14U
- Pink the Park - June 9th-11th - 10U, 12U in Turner
- USA/All American - June 16th-18th - 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U, 18U in the Fairfield/Waterville Area
- MAYSA Triple Play - June 23rd-25th - 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U, 18U in the Oakland/Sidney Area
- Brewer Invitational - June 23rd-25th - Cancelled
- Blue Demon Bash - June 30th-July 2nd - 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U, 18U in the Fairfield/Waterville Area
- Bulldog I - July 14th-16th - 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U, 18U in the Fairfield/Waterville Area
- Southern Maine Flame Diamond Challenge - July 14th-16th - 16U, 18U
- Bulldog II - July 21st-23rd - 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U, 18U - in the Fairfield/Waterville Area
- USA Olympic Dream - July 28th-30th - 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U, 18U in the Fairfield/Waterville Area
- Canoe City Classic - July 28th-30th - 14U, 16U, 18U in the Old Town Area
- Summer Slam - August 4th-6th - 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U, 18U in the Fairfield/Waterville Area
- CAYSA Capital Clash - August 4th-6th - 10U, 12U, 14U in Augusta
- NEW Terrier End of Summer Bash - September 23-24th, 12U, 14U, 16U, 18U in the Waterville Area
This year the District 6, the Greater Waterville area will host the state championships for 12A/B 14A/B and 18U. This will be the first message about the tournaments.
Also this year the 10U will be in Lisbon and 16U A/B will be in Brewer/Bangor. The messages you get from me will pertain mostly to the Waterville area tournies. If I have other information I will pass that on as well. If you are getting these and want off the list just let me know and I will remove you.
All Tournaments will be held on the weekend of July7th-9th, 2017
- 10U - Lisbon
- 12UA, 12UB, 14UA & 14UB - Waterville
- 16UA & 16UB - Brewer/Bangor
- 18U - Waterville
Local Associations, Leagues and Teams can be accessed by clicking on this link or in the Contact section listed above.
All 50 states have laws on the books dealing with concussions. In most states it pertains only to scholastic play. However, in some states it applies to recreational ball also. So if you have a travel team and play out of state, you may be required to provide a concussion training certificate. While it might not be an issue for you at this time, state laws are always changing. I wouldn’t want you to get caught off guard. NFHS offers a course, as does the CDC.
Right now Maine’s law reads, "a student will not be allowed to return to a sport or extracurricular activity until he or she has been cleared by a licensed health care provider trained in concussion management."
Teams traveling outside the state for softball should either contact the States JO offices or the tournament host to find out more information on if they require concussion certificates.