Maine Junior Olympic Softball Information
This year the District 6, the Greater Waterville area will host the state championships for 12A/B 14A/B and 18U. This will be the first message about the tournaments.
Also this year the 10U will be in Lisbon and 16U A/B will be in Brewer/Bangor. The messages you get from me will pertain mostly to the Waterville area tournies. If I have other information I will pass that on as well. If you are getting these and want off the list just let me know and I will remove you.
All Tournaments will be held on the weekend of July7th-9th, 2017
- 10U - Lisbon
- 12UA, 12UB, 14UA & 14UB - Waterville
- 16UA & 16UB - Brewer/Bangor
- 18U - Waterville
10U Modified Rules for 2017
- Stealing on release
- Steal only one base per pitch (meaning only 1, if a girl is walked not going to second)
- Stealing home IS allowed
- NO drop 3rd strike
- Infield fly rule IS in effect
- Bunting IS allowed
- 10 players on the field
- 10 batters in lineup (subs can be added into the 10)
- Southern Maine Flame Diamond Challenge - June 9th-11th - 10U, 12U, 14U
- Pink the Park - June 9th-11th - 10U, 12U in Turner
- USA/All American - June 16th-18th - 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U, 18U in the Fairfield/Waterville Area
- MAYSA Triple Play - June 23rd-25th - 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U, 18U in the Oakland/Sidney Area
- Brewer Invitational - June 23rd-25th - Cancelled
- Blue Demon Bash - June 30th-July 2nd - 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U, 18U in the Fairfield/Waterville Area
- Bulldog I - July 14th-16th - 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U, 18U in the Fairfield/Waterville Area
- Southern Maine Flame Diamond Challenge - July 14th-16th - 16U, 18U
- Bulldog II - July 21st-23rd - 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U, 18U - in the Fairfield/Waterville Area
- USA Olympic Dream - July 28th-30th - 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U, 18U in the Fairfield/Waterville Area
- Canoe City Classic - July 28th-30th - 14U, 16U, 18U in the Old Town Area
- Summer Slam - August 4th-6th - 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U, 18U in the Fairfield/Waterville Area
- CAYSA Capital Clash - August 4th-6th - 10U, 12U, 14U in Augusta
Local Associations, Leagues and Teams can be accessed by clicking on this link or in the Contact section listed above.
All 50 states have laws on the books dealing with concussions. In most states it pertains only to scholastic play. However, in some states it applies to recreational ball also. So if you have a travel team and play out of state, you may be required to provide a concussion training certificate. While it might not be an issue for you at this time, state laws are always changing. I wouldn’t want you to get caught off guard. NFHS offers a course, as does the CDC.
Right now Maine’s law reads, "a student will not be allowed to return to a sport or extracurricular activity until he or she has been cleared by a licensed health care provider trained in concussion management."
Teams traveling outside the state for softball should either contact the States JO offices or the tournament host to find out more information on if they require concussion certificates.
Seacoast United Sports Arena is offering two sessions for Indoor Fast-pitch Softball. Winter Session 1 will begin on January 7th and end on February 11th. Winter Session 2 will begin on February 18th and end on March 25th. All age groups are welcome.
- Gm. 1 Orrington 6 Lady Herricanes 5
- Gm. 2 S.Me Flame 13 Club Crush 1
- Gm. 3 Skowhegan Slammers 7 Capitol Maniacs 6
- Gm 4. R.L.Sales 8 Maysa Eagle Pride 7
- Gm 5. Team Attack 4 Orrington 1
- Gm 6. Club Crush 12 Her ricanes 1
- Gm 7. Orrington 7 Maysa Spirit 4
- Gm 8. Club Crush 14 Capitol Maniacs 1
- Gm 9. So. Me Flame 7 Skowhegan slammers 0
- Gm 10 Team Attack 17 R.L.Sales 1
- Gm 11 Orrington 10 Skowhegan 1
- Gm 12. Club Crush 10 R.L. Sales 2
- Gm.13 Team Attack 1 So . Me. Flame 0
- Gm. 14 Orrington def Club Crush
- Gm 15 So. Me Flame def Orrington
- Gm 16 so. Me Flame 2 Team Attack 1
- Gm 17 So.Me Flame 3 Team Attack 0
So. Me Flame win Maine ASA 2016 10U Championship