Maine Junior Olympic Softball Information
- Summer Classic - June 1st-3rd - 10U, 12U, 14U in the Fairfield/Waterville Area
- Coca Cola Classic - June 8th-10th - 10U, 12U, 14U in the Fairfield/Waterville Area
- USA/All American - June 15th-17th - 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U, 18U in the Fairfield/Waterville Area
- MAYSA Triple Play - June 22nd-24th - 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U, 18U in the Oakland/Sidney Area
- Blue Demon Bash - June 29th-July 1st - 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U, 18U in the Fairfield/Waterville Area
- Bulldog I - July 13th-15th - 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U, 18U in the Fairfield/Waterville Area
- Diamond Challenge - July 13th-15th - 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U, 18U in the Greater Portland Area
- Bulldog II - July 20th-22nd - 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U, 18U - in the Fairfield/Waterville Area
- Seacoast Showdown - July 20th-22nd - 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U in the Saco Area
- USA Olympic Dream - July 27th-29th - 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U, 18U in the Fairfield/Waterville Area
- Canoe City Classic - July 27th-29th - 14U & 16/18U in Old Town Area
- Summer Slam - August 3th-5th - 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U, 18U in the Fairfield/Waterville Area
- Lady Viking Fall Foliage Classic - September 15th-16th - 12U, 14U in the Norway/South Paris Area - NEW
- Terrier End of Summer Bash - September 21st-23rd - 12U, 14U, 16U, 18U/Womens Open at Thomas College - NEW
- Coastal Riptide Tournament of Terror - October 27th-28th - 12U, 14U, 16U in Wells - NEW
Here is the flyer for the upcoming season of Indoor Fastpitch softball league at the Seacoast United sports dome in Topsham, ME.
Quite unbelievably, this is Revere's fifth season partnering with Seacoast to offer these sessions. We look forward to another successful season.
Other than a slight increase in registration costs (to offset an increase in USA umpire fees), not much will be changing in regards to format and dome rules.
16/18U Champions - Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia Comets
14U Rhode Island Rampage
12U Maine Express
10U Auburn Invaders
- So.Me. Flame 4-0
- Sluggers 5-2
- Maine Illusion 2-2
- Maine Pride 2-2
- Maine Frost 1-2
- Lady Mavericks 1-3
- Ellsworth 1-2
- Diamond Warriors 0-3
The committee for awarding the 2018 Maine USA/ASA scholarship has recognized the top 3 outstanding applicants for this year, all were excellent candidates for the award. Each applicant brought numerous accolades to the great game of Maine USA/ASA softball.
Mckenna Smith Oldtown ASA/ Sluggers ** Winner**
Broghan Gagnon Winslow ASA/numerous other ASA teams
Camryn Lapierre Maine Thunder
Thanks to all applicants who applied, I appreciate your love of the game and what you have done for the sport.
Cleveland "Brownie" Brown
Maine USA/ASA State Junior Olympic Commissioner
I am the coach of the U14 Cole Harbour Comets team from Nova Scotia, Canada. We have been travelling down to Brownie's events for about 4 years now so I have likely played against a bunch of you. Well, I am wondering if I could interest one or two of your teams to come up to Nova Scotia Summer of 2018. I am looking to run a high level tournament August 17-19, which is the weekend before our Eastern Canadian Championships. For all of you, that is typically nearing the end of your season, but maybe a great way to cap off your season would be to take a road trip to Canada, Eh!
- Capital Maniacs 4-0
- Team Attack Orange 2-2
- N/E Legacy 3-2
- So Me River Rats 2-3
- Maine Pride 1-2
Team Attack Gray 1-2
- Sluggers 0-3
Local Associations, Leagues and Teams can be accessed by clicking on this link or in the Contact section listed above.
All 50 states have laws on the books dealing with concussions. In most states it pertains only to scholastic play. However, in some states it applies to recreational ball also. So if you have a travel team and play out of state, you may be required to provide a concussion training certificate. While it might not be an issue for you at this time, state laws are always changing. I wouldn’t want you to get caught off guard. NFHS offers a course, as does the CDC.
Right now Maine’s law reads, "a student will not be allowed to return to a sport or extracurricular activity until he or she has been cleared by a licensed health care provider trained in concussion management."
Teams traveling outside the state for softball should either contact the States JO offices or the tournament host to find out more information on if they require concussion certificates.
- Gm. 1 Orrington 6 Lady Herricanes 5
- Gm. 2 S.Me Flame 13 Club Crush 1
- Gm. 3 Skowhegan Slammers 7 Capitol Maniacs 6
- Gm 4. R.L.Sales 8 Maysa Eagle Pride 7
- Gm 5. Team Attack 4 Orrington 1
- Gm 6. Club Crush 12 Her ricanes 1
- Gm 7. Orrington 7 Maysa Spirit 4
- Gm 8. Club Crush 14 Capitol Maniacs 1
- Gm 9. So. Me Flame 7 Skowhegan slammers 0
- Gm 10 Team Attack 17 R.L.Sales 1
- Gm 11 Orrington 10 Skowhegan 1
- Gm 12. Club Crush 10 R.L. Sales 2
- Gm.13 Team Attack 1 So . Me. Flame 0
- Gm. 14 Orrington def Club Crush
- Gm 15 So. Me Flame def Orrington
- Gm 16 so. Me Flame 2 Team Attack 1
- Gm 17 So.Me Flame 3 Team Attack 0
So. Me Flame win Maine ASA 2016 10U Championship