Login

TOPIC: Stealing Home - U10

Stealing Home - U10 9 years 9 months ago #209

• reddogg42
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm trying to find the official ASA U10 Rules for stealing home. My understanding was that there is no stealing home unless hit in or walked home by force. Where can I find this rule or is this not a rule?

Thanks, any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Ryan
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Stealing Home - U10 9 years 9 months ago #210

• roscoe42
  • Administrator
Hi Ryan
Thanks for asking your question on Maineasa.org. A few years ago that would be correct we have since changed that rule and there is stealing of home anytime now. The only rule difference right now would be the pitching rule which has a 35 foot pitching distance compared to 40 feet for 12U and 43 feet for 14U and up. If there is anything else let me know.
Steve Roscia
Maine ASA Umpire In Chief
Region 1 ASA Umpire in Chief

Stealing Home - U10 9 years 9 months ago #211

• commish6
  • Administrator
for some reason this has come up a few times . first off if you are talking about local leagues , the league rule prevails. ASA says steal home anytime. In the state ASA tourney we do not allow stealing home at any time. this was adopted when the rules were changed a few years ago.. The reason was to help the kids get a chance to hit rather than just run around the bases. . often at this level the pitcher is more accomplished than the catcher. the situation was everytime a player got to a base they just kept running. So in state play a player can steal 1 base at a time per pitch but cannot come home for any thing other than a walk, error or hit.
jeff marshall
maine asa tournament director.
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds